Raw Food Diet or Raw Food Lifestyle (after a while you’ll go beyond a food – promise! ) is:
* plant based ,vegan,preferably naturally/organically and sustainably raised foods- live foods ( when You sprout seeds and nuts you’re giving them life force!)
* not cooked,not processed in any way ( no canes, no artificial ingredients,no suicide additivies, like yellow-blue-glowing-in-the-dark sprinkles,liquids,etc).
Raw Foods are:
David Wolfe, in his fascinating book ,lists 14 categories of raw plant foods :
1. FRUITS: they contain the seed within for the reproduction of their kind. Fruits may be sweet, non-sweet, fatty. Always buy fruits with seeds!
2. LEAVES: they are the best source of alkaline minerals! Leaves contain life force which is chlorophyll. Leaves will bring You to the center, so-anytime You’ll feel ungrounded-make up some big salad and just watch how your roots are growing!
3. NUTS: fat dominant foods, acidic mostly, nuts are reproductive agents of certain trees. Nuts are really helpful at the transition time, but be careful-no many nuts will make you nuts!!!
4. SEEDS: may be protein- or fat-dominant. They are reproductive agents of plants. When You soak the seeds and then sprout them You’re getting the living enzyme rich medicine!
5. LEGUMES: peas, beans and peanuts-are often sprouted before consumption and fat-dominant.
6. FLOWERS: the sexual organs of plants. Almost everytime my flower is dying-I powder it and keep as a seasoning;-)
7. GREEN SPROUTS: are green small leaves from your sprouted seed/legume.
8. ROOTS: the below-ground parts of plant. Burdock root rocks!
9. SHOOTS: Shoots are young plants spread by underground runners from their parent plants.
10. BARK: inner bark used for teas or food.
11. SAP: the fluid of living tree: bee propolis, maple syrup.
12. STEMS: the fibrous, structural pieces of plants.
13. WATER VEGETATION: Sea vegetables-mineral rich , ocean plant leaves. Spirulina i algae-super, super nutritious superfoods!!
14. MUSHROOMS: a non-chrolophyll fungus, grows without the sun, nut plays a critical role in recycling biological materials in old trees and soil. Reishi, Maitake, Cordiolis,
So..if You look at those foods You might notice something obvious and simple:
Raw Food is alive. Raw foods are not cooked or warmed up beyond 118 degrees because it alters its enzymatic state. Many vitamins and minerals are lost through cooking . You can read a study about relation between cooking and cancer here : http://rawfoodtip.com/the-washington-post-article/ or here : http://rawfoodtip.com/check-this-out-the-danger-of-cooked-foods-abc-news/
But, don’t be afraid – there is many ways to introduce raw foods into your diet.
The best advise is : Do no harm! Start with being gentle to yourself!